Friday, March 7, 2014

A Perfect Year for Supporting the Arts

Day six of the C4ward March Blogathon. So this prompt is about a perfect year of art creation. I can dig that.

My perfect year, money not a consideration, would be a mix of creating art and winning the lottery so I can help artists pay for projects. It would also be about learning. I would like to learn a new skill.

As part of the prompt, I am asked to consider:
  • Where are you geographically?
  • What does your dream work environment look and feel like?
  • How is your studio equipped?
  • Who are you creating or collaborating with?
  • Who supports your daily life as you make your creative work?
  • How many hours do you spend creating?
  • How many hours do you spend selling your work or managing the business end?
  • What do you do for recreation?
  • What do you do for inspiration?
  • Do you have any specific goals for this year?
I would like to be all over the place. Different cities. I have a dream work environment: an old building with beautiful exposed brick walls. I would like to add a pinball machine, a nice sound system, editing terminals and a Foosball table. A nice selection of red wines would be nice too. I would be working with my husband, mostly. I would like to complete a few projects with my daughters. I would also like for my colleague, Deborah, to teach me how to use her letter press.
Cabernet in the Primary Fermenter 
For both recreation and inspiration, I like to visit new places and eat new foods. It doesn't have to be exotic. My husband sent me a photo of an artwork in a clients office today. The piece was made up of cork from wine bottles. We have been collecting these corks for years. Occasionally, we make wine. This weekend, we want to re-create a photo we took on a vineyard in Italy with the painted cork as the medium. Photos to come.

2 comments:

  1. It seems, the apprentice will become the master. You SHALL learn the use of a 100-year-old letterpress. :-D

    ReplyDelete