Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Humans like tools

Humans do like tools. We like to make life "easier." I hate to think of people as tools, but I need the help of people more than any other resource on this planet. I am very fortunate to work with, live with and commune with people who love me, support me and most importantly make me laugh.

Humor is a tool I use often. I don't really have anything funny to add to that statement.

So. Some questions to go with today's C4ward March prompt:

  • What knowledge gaps do you have?
  • What classes are you dying to take? Creative, professional, technical, etc…
  • If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently – or in a different order?
  • What resources do you feel are essential to the growth of your creative or entrepreneurial practice?
  • If you had a super power, what would it be?
  • If you could work with anyone, who would it be?
I have a lot of knowledge gaps. Predicting the future is one. I try to look for patterns in a budget, participation in my classes and I try to gauge the feelings of my colleagues. And sometimes, I miss it all. I just don't catch the pattern until too late.

I want to take a welding class, a finance class, a proposal writing class, but more importantly I want to be able to ask important people important questions. Oh, and I want to take a ballroom dance class with my husband.

I don't think about doing things in the past differently. I will adjust for the future.

Mentors are essential to my personal growth. I have a few as of late. I want to continue to nurture those relationships. I also need quality time with my friends and family. And plenty of vacations.

My super power is learning.

I would like to work with Meryl Streep. I mean, why not? Actually, I would be happy seeing her process.

And I know that money is not the answer to everything, but I need about $50,000 to launch a new program. That has been a huge weight lately. It is different than any other project because this project is really one big experiment (remember that experiments are based on educated guesses). Actually, I need $130,000 for the whole project, but I can start with $50K. What makes this project so unique is that nobody in our region is doing it. It takes concepts from other industries and puts them into a learning module for artists. It is a risk. But with this risk comes the potential for a HUGE payoff--for the participants and the community.

Make checks payable to C4 Atlanta. But seriously. It is a great project. I wish I had the energy to write about it more tonight. Later...

1 comment:

  1. May your project find support quickly and easily. May you be cast in film with Meryl Streep and have scenes with her.

    ReplyDelete